It's going to snow tonight. Apparently it's going to snow quite a bit. I have a romantic regard for snow since I grew up in California and North Carolina. Just the smallest dusting would shut down school and or keep you from commuting to work. I can tell you what though, there is nothing romantic about the piles and piles of icy and oily snow leftover from the Christmas blizzard 2 weeks ago.
The snow has inspired some pretty nice wisecracks might I add. One of my friends swore he saw a rat doing a triple lutz. Then he said one day he saw a rat construction company building a development with the icy garbage left on the street by sanitation.
The Christmas Blizzard of 2010, in my opinion, put the southern fear of the snow into the New Yorker. That blizzard crippled this city like nothing New York has seen in a while. I didn't get my eggs and bread today at the store but word is, Trader Joe's by school had a line out the door. Yikes! I'm well equipped with my 2 beers, coffee, cereal and rice milk. I have a few pasta dishes on the menu too.
Hunker down.