It's On.

The holidays were amazing. I went home to see my family in North Carolina, and I visited with friends in Charlotte. It was very restful. And I know I gained like 5 pounds!

So its the start of a new semester. This semester my goal is to begin planning for post graduation. I experienced some comfort in knowing that graduate school would consume all of my time and energy. But as the summer draws near, it time to start looking for my first post graduate job.

I haven't quite figured out what I "want to be when I grow up". Then I ask myself, what did I want to be when I was a little girl? What were my interests and obsessions then? If I consider what I was occupied with then, and compare it to now, I realize that I have not deviated much from my interests as a youngster.

Although I have yet to answer the "what do I wanna be when I grow up" question, I feel increasingly confident that my targets are coming into focus. I have been learning so much at SVA that my job search keeps expanding as I learn new applications for my education, experience and interests. Attending SVA has really exposed me to a variety of careers that I may be well suited for. Before SVA, I didn't realize that visual arts can actually be utilized professionally. In undergrad, I couldn't quite think beyond graphic design and its deliverables as career options. It is going to be interesting to see where this process of discovery takes me in the establishment of my career!

So what are my targets? As of right now they are roles like Product Development, Marketing/Brand Manager, Brand Analyst, Program Manager (non profit) and Creative Services Manager.

So with that said, this is where I'm focusing my search.

Let's do it!!!